Continued trouble between Reliance Jio and Airtel


As the trouble between the two telecom giants continue, Airtel stated on Tuesday that they had provided adequate number of interconnect points to JIO but the new entrant is very slow to respond. However, Jio countered.

Airtel said that despite the “prompt and colossal efforts” put in by the company, the interconnect points have not been fully utilized due to “various reasons for delay attributable solely to Jio’s under preparedness and insufficient testing teams/efforts.”

The incumbent operator said that in the interest of customers, it have provisioned interconnect capacity augmentation within a time-frame of merely 10 days, “way ahead of the 90 days period mandated in regulation.”
“While Jio has continued to allege huge call failure on account of insufficient number of interconnect points, however, we believe that the prime reason for such call failures was on account of acquisition of a large number of subscribers by Jio even before the declaration of the commercial launch,” Airtel said.

However, Jio countered Airtel’s statement. “Jio denies that there has been any delay at its end in operationalizing the interconnect points. On the contrary, Jio has been consistently following-up with Airtel and the other incumbent operators over the last several months for augmentation of interconnection capacity,” the company said.

“These requests had been denied by Airtel and the other incumbent operators as part of their anti-competitive strategy and in complete breach of their license conditions. This has resulted in unprecedented call failures between Airtel and Jio in complete disregard of the Quality of Service norms stipulated by Trai and has caused severe hardships to Indian customers,” it said, adding that call failures with Airtel were over 1.6 crore every day.

Checkout latest news at

From ITvoir News Desk