D Link Introduces High Performance Switching Solution
D Link has broadened its selection of scalable switching solutions, by introducing D-Link DGS-6604 xStack chassis switch.
The D Link DGS 6604 chassis based switch delivers superior performance, 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GE) aggregation, and Power Over Ethernet (PoE) support with the flexibility of D Link’s standards based architectures. This new cost effective switch enables businesses to future proof their networks with field proven IPv6 capabilities, high availability for mission critical applications, enhanced security, and simplified management.
D Link Comprehensive IPv6 Support
D-Link DGS 6604 goes beyond IPv6 certification. D Link’s field proven interoperability with IPv6 expertise, future proofs your network for the next phase of the Internet, and provides new capabilities that can simplify network operations. Beyond passing the IPv6 Ready Logo Phase II test criteria – which expands the “core IPv6 protocols” test coverage to approximately 450 tests including new test categories, and verification of optimum compliance – D Link already has multiple customers running production IPv6 networks. D Link IPv6 support includes IPv6 Tunnel, ICMPv6, IPv6 Neighbor Discovery, DHCPv6, RIPng, and OSPFv3.
D-Link DGS 6604 Chassis Switch Features
The DGS 6604 is a cost effective chassis based solution, ideal for environments that require high availability of network applications. Its flexible modular architecture enables simple, cost effective future expansion based on a high speed switch fabric with capacity of up to 576 Gbps and system performance of up to 428 Mpps.
Other important DGS 6604 features include:
• Superior Performance: Bottleneck free distributed packet switching/routing; intelligent line cards with on board Level 2 (L2)/Level 3 (L3)/Level 4 (L4) switching controllers.
• Flexible Modular Design: Four slot chassis; scalable expansion to 144 10/100/1000BASE T, 144 PoE, 144 small form factor pluggable (SFP), or 24 10GE ports.
• High Resiliency: Up to four redundant load sharing power modules; hot swappable line cards; replaceable fan module; 802.1D/w/s spanning tree; 802.3ad link aggregation; virtual router redundancy protocol (VRRP) support.
• Quality of Service (QoS): 802.1p priority queues/multi layer class of service (CoS) including flow based bandwidth control and broadcast/multicast storm control to ensure priority to network services such as VoIP, video conferencing, IPTV, and IP surveillance.
• Security: L2/L3/L4 Multi Layer Access Control List (ACL); external RADIUS authentication support; SSH support.
Pricing & Availability:-
D-Link DGS-6604 chassis based switch is currently available all across India through D-Links wide network of National Distributors Ingram Micro & Redington and Business Distributors present across the country.