Trend Micro Incorporated, a global cloud security leader, announced the latest release of the company’s web gateway solution, which now delivers even greater visibility and control over the growing use of cloud-based applications such as instant messaging, peer-to-peer, video and audio applications, and web mail. Trend Micro InterScan Web Security 5.5 provides superior protection against Internet threats, while reducing costs through datacenter consolidation by supporting bare-metal, VMware Ready and Microsoft Hyper-V virtual appliances. It works alongside the Advanced Reporting and Management module, a separate, but essential, component that provides centralized real-time network traffic visibility, drill-down historical reporting, and policy management.
Key new features found in the Trend Micro InterScan Web Security 5.5 release include:
1. Application Control: This provides greater visibility into and control over an organization’s Internet usage. It automates the discovery and bandwidth usage of over 420 Internet-based protocols and the thousands of client applications that leverage them. Administrators can understand which users’ traffic needs to be controlled per application type and then create rules to enforce those policies. Unlike most web gateway products which can only apply policies to the traffic they can proxy, Interscan Web Security provides total visibility across all ports and many more protocols.
2. HTTP Inspection: This provides more granular control to protect against emerging web threats by allowing administrators to identify behavior and filter web traffic according to any characteristic of the HTTP protocol. Administrators can leverage supplied policy templates to control things like:
* whether users can post content to social networking sites;
* whether users can send specific attachment types in public webmail applications; and
* which browsers/versions can be used to access the Internet.
In addition, administrators can easily capture sample traffic from within the product and create custom filters to enforce any policy they might need.
3. URL Filtering: In addition to the Allow, Block, Monitor, and Warn actions available for URL Filtering policies, several enhancements are included in the 5.5 release, including:
* Time-based Quotas: This allows administrators to define the total allowable browsing time within work/leisure hours that users can visit specific sites or categories of sites. Temporary time extensions can be granted as needed.
* Password Override: This allows administrator-defined users to override the block action by typing a password in their browser to allow one-time access.
Festive season is up with offers and discounts. Taking the benefit of the same, the Californian titan Google is offering Chromebook at $99, discount of $330. The discounted laptop Chromebook has recei...
HCL Infosystems Ltd has announced the buyout of the remaining 40% stake held by the NTS Group in HCL Infosystems MEA. HCL Infosystems Ltd., through its wholly owned subsidiary HCL Insys Pte Ltd., Sing...
Information provided on this page has been independently obtained from sources believed to be reliable. However, such information may include inaccuracies, errors or omissions.ITVoir.com, and its affiliates, information providers or content providers, shall have no liability to you or third parties for the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or correct sequencing of information available on this page, or for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance upon such information, or for the delay or interruption of such information. ITVoir.com,its affiliates, information providers and content providers shall have no liability for investment decisions or other actions taken or made by you based on the information provided.