NETGEAR has announced the NETGEAR ReadyDATA unified storage family. ReadyDATA is an enterprise-class storage product that is significantly less expensive and dramatically easier to use than traditional enterprise offerings. These new products feature native de-duplication, thin provisioning and unlimited snapshots, with support for SATA, SAS and SSD disk drives. ReadyDATA scales to 180TB capacity (five times larger than the current flagship model), and is the first product of its kind to include data replication as a standard feature.
The ReadyDATA platform delivers tier-1 storage features with extraordinary simplicity. Users can leverage thin provisioning in virtual environments, replicate files and databases to offsite locations and recover data from unlimited point-in-time snapshots, all with just a few mouse clicks. And, every ReadyDATA includes the world's first cloud-managed replication, ensuring secure, high-performance disaster recovery without extra software, servers or network configuration. Now customers and partners can avoid complex licensing, expensive installation specialists and incremental maintenance agreements, as well as the intimidating prices associated with traditional big IT offerings.
ReadyDATA systems include a full set of datacenter-class storage capabilities, such as:
• Thin provisioning, compression and de-duplication of block (SAN) and file (NAS) data
• Replication over 128-bit SSL connections for block and file data
• Unlimited snapshots for block and file data
• Scalability up to 60 drives and 180TB total capacity
• Two 10Gb Ethernet ports and mixed configurations of SATA, SAS and SSD drives
• Instant capacity expansion support that eliminates RAID configuration time
• Backup software compatibility with major vendors like Symantec, Acronis, CommVault, StorageCraft, Veeam and Quest
• Virtual network interface support for powerful network traffic management
• Virtualization vendor certifications from VMware, Microsoft and Citrix
Subhodeep Bhattacharya, Regional Director, India & SAARC announced that NETGEAR continues to venture beyond its SMB networking roots with the new ReadyDATA line of midmarket unified storage arrays that offer built-in, enterprise-grade data protection and management capabilities. The enterprise class ReadyDATA unified storage solution is a part of NETGEAR’s SMART IT approach wherein we have made the next generation of storage with enterprise features affordable to our valued customers and also an ideal solution for cloud based storage to customers.
Two new models join NETGEAR’s storage line up, which already includes the NETGEAR’s ReadyNAS systems aimed at the file storage and sharing requirements of SMBs. With ReadyDATA, however, NETGEAR is aiming the midrange segment of the market with storage arrays that can scale up to 180 TB and include features like de-duplication.
For IT News Check out ITvoir.com