Orbi WiFi System with innovative Tri-band WiFi now includes two new offerings to enjoy better WiFi everywhere!
From the Basement to the Backyard, the Orbi WiFi System with innovative Tri-band WiFi now includes two new offerings for properties under 5,000 square feet to enjoy better WiFi everywhere!
NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTGR), the leading provider of home networking that powers today’s smart home, is expanding its multi-award winning Orbi™ Home Tri-band WiFi System with two new offerings designed specifically for smaller to mid-sized homes. These new additions join the CES® 2017 Innovation Award Honoree Orbi WiFi System (RBK50)
As customers demand better WiFi throughout their home, these new Orbi systems address a broad range of home environments, from apartments and lofts to single family homes and sprawling estates. NETGEAR is also introducing new form factors for Orbi that provide even more choice of style and flexibility of WiFi placement so more customers can enjoy WiFi on every inch of their property. NETGEAR Orbi is a driving force behind the growth of Home WiFi Systems, and these two new systems demonstrate NETGEAR’s commitment to and leadership in the WiFi System category.
The two new Orbi Tri-band WiFi Systems are:
- RBK30: The new Orbi Tri-band WiFi System includes an AC2200 router and wall-plug satellite designed to cover an area of up to 3,500 square feet.
- RBK40: This new Orbi Tri-band WiFi System includes the AC2200 router and matching satellite, which are designed to cover a property up to 4,000 square feet.
As the inventor and market leader of the WiFi Range Extender category, NETGEAR knows that a significant percentage of consumers prefer the flexibility of a wall-plug form factor, especially when placed in common areas such as hallways and kitchens. The new RBK30 Orbi Tri-band WiFi kit with its wall-plug satellite is particularly well suited to address this segment of the market.
Lauded for its innovative design and engineering, Orbi by NETGEAR has a unique, industry-first Tri-band architecture with a dedicated 5GHz wireless connection between the router and satellite, which provides both reliable WiFi coverage and maximum internet speed throughout your home with a single network name. These new Orbi Systems all deliver industry-leading 802.11ac AC2200 WiFi speeds up to 2.2Gbps*, so you can enjoy seamless WiFi everywhere in your home and around your property, without dead zones – from the attic to the basement, patio to garage, front yard to back garden — even while streaming 4K HD video content or other bandwidth-gobbling multimedia.
With our patented industry-first Tri-band WiFi provided by the Orbi WiFi systems, you can now enjoy optimum WiFi performance even at the furthest edge of your property. So, go ahead and binge-watch the latest streaming series in the basement TV room while the kids are enjoying rapid-fire online gaming from their room upstairs.
“Today, WiFi is considered to be as critical as any other home utility. With this new expanded portfolio of Orbi Tri-band WiFi systems, we are introducing solutions to provide the best WiFi for an even broader range of households. We believe that no one should be without the best WiFi experience available,” said Marthesh Nagendra, Country Manager, India and SAARC, NETGEAR. “With our patented industry-first Tri-band WiFi provided by the Orbi WiFi systems, you can now enjoy optimum WiFi performance even at the furthest edge of your property. So, go ahead and binge-watch the latest streaming series in the basement TV room while the kids are enjoying rapid-fire online gaming from their room upstairs.”
“Each of these new Orbi systems with AC2200 WiFi are faster than competitive products with legacy AC1200 WiFi,” continued Marthesh. “Furthermore, all Orbi home WiFi systems are Tri-band versus the competition which is dual band mesh. Due to the use of the innovative Tri-band technology, multiple independent reviewers and testers around the world have proven that Orbi WiFi systems deliver far superior performance for more simultaneously streaming devices.”
Technical Features of the New Orbi Home WiFi System:
- Innovative Tri-Band WiFi system providing combined WiFi speeds up to AC2200 on the Orbi Router and Satellite creates a dedicated wireless connection between the Orbi router and the satellite or satellites, similar to a wired Ethernet connection
- Simultaneous 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi on the router and satellite for connecting to your home devices all under one WiFi name
- Easy setup with a single and secure WiFi network; Orbi comes pre-paired and configured and works with your internet service provider (ISP) right out of the box
- Advanced WiFi security with automated updates, WPS-protected setup, 64/128 bit WEP; WPA/WPA-2 PSK, WPA/WPA-2 Enterprise
- Auto-updates of firmware available to ensure you have the latest security and software updates
- Satellites extend WiFi signals and maintain one network name (SSID) for the entire network (2.4 GHz and 5GHz WiFi bands) throughout your home for seamless connectivity and roaming
- Guest WiFi network—easily set up separate and secure Internet access for guests
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports on the Orbi router and on the satellite (wall-plug satellite does not include Ethernet)
- Support for advanced router features such as IPv6, dynamic DNS, port forwarding, parental controls, Virtual Private Network (VPN) termination and access point mode
- Easy installation using the browser or Orbi Mobile App for iOS and Android™
Pricing and Availability
NETGEAR Orbi Home WiFi Systems will be available on e-commerce channels – Amazon.in starting the Diwali season.
- RBK30 – One Orbi AC2200 router and one wall plug satellite – MRP 20000-22000
- RBK40 – One Orbi AC2200 router and one matching satellite – MRP 24,000-26,000
- RBK50 – The original Orbi AC3000 router with matching satellite – MRP 28,000 – 30,000 (Already on Amazon.in)
Please visit NETGEAR for more products details on the Orbi™ Tri-Band Home WiFi System family.
About NETGEAR, Inc.
NETGEAR (NASDAQ: NTGR) is a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers. The Company’s products are built on a variety of proven technologies such as wireless (WiFi and LTE), Ethernet and powerline, with a focus on reliability and ease-of-use. The product line consists of wired and wireless devices that enable networking, broadband access and network connectivity. These products are available in multiple configurations to address the needs of the end-users in each geographic region in which the Company’s products are sold. NETGEAR products are sold in approximately 31,000 retail locations around the globe, and through approximately 28,000 value-added resellers, as well as multiple major cable, mobile and wireline service providers around the world. The company’s headquarters are in San Jose, Calif., with additional offices in approximately 25 countries.